Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Just a few cute pictures of Natalie Bear

I feel like an official stay-at-home mom now. Johnathan returned to work yesterday, leaving Natalie solely in my care. I'm glad to say that we made it through the day relatively unscathed. Natalie had her first trip to Target and Starbuck's, and also to the liquor store at Publix. Everyone fawned all over her and one woman offered to trade me her 18-year-old son for Natalie. It was a little scary being out on my own with a baby, but she slept the entire time! Don't worry - she made up for the extended nap last night when she decided sleeping wouldn't be nearly as fun as crying and eating. Johnathan busted out the coffee pot this morning and I think it will now be a permanent resident of our counter. At least I got to sleep in a little bit after he went to work. I expect to be living with a zombie by this weekend, but hopefully tonight will be better.

Our friend Christine will be over later today to take Natalie's first professional photos. I'm escaping to get my makeup done so I'll look decent in the pictures (and if I still look rough, there's always PhotoShop, right Christine???) but I'm really really hoping that Natalie will be a) awake and b) not crying during the shoot. That might be a tall order, but here's hoping. We will be using the best picture(s) for Natalie's birth announcement and I hope to post some of the other photos on here when they're ready. Until then, here are a few cute photos from the past day.




No comments: