Friday, June 18, 2010

New classroom? No problem!

As you could see in my last post, I worried a little bit about how Natalie would make the transition from the Rainbow Room to the Green Room. We bid a fond farewell to her teachers last Friday and Monday morning, Johnathan walked her alllllll the way down the hall to the Green Room. I asked him to take some photos so you can see her on her first day in her new class. She did amazingly well with the change! The Green Room teachers are all about teaching the kids to be more independent and grown up. So no more sippy cups and instead of us putting her stuff away for her, she has a cubby at her level to stash her lunch box and other items. They will also work with the kids on potty training. Natalie is starting to show an interest here at home and will sit her stuffed bunny, Willow, on the potty sometimes and will say "potty" after she goes in her diaper. I'm hoping we can get the training going within the next few months. It will be so nice not to have to change diapers anymore, but I'm not expecting too much right now.

Today the Green Room hosted a "Donuts with Dad" breakfast in honor of Father's Day. Johnathan went and had a lovely time visiting with Natalie in her classroom, and Natalie had a lovely time trying a donut for the first time. Ahhh, the joys of powdered sugar! I hope the kids calmed down from their sugar highs in time for naps. We have a low-key Father's Day weekend planned. We are hoping to take Natalie to the Y water park tomorrow and then we have date night tomorrow evening. On Sunday, I'm not sure what we'll do, but whatever Dada wants, Dada can have.










No comments: