He was the only daddy in class, though the instructor assured us that other dads do come sometimes. Johnathan dove in like a pro, singing the songs he knew and faking his way through other ones until he learned the words. He danced with Natalie, put her on her belly for "tummy time" and even asked a few questions of the other mommies. He was a natural and seems way better suited for Gymboree than I do. I wish he could take her every week, but alas he has to go to work. He did say he'd go back again, though, and I'm going to hold him to it. Seriously, though, it was very sweet to see the two of them together in class and I feel very lucky to have a husband who will get down on the floor, stick a clown puppet on his hand and act like a goofball all to make his little girl happy.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Daddy does Gymboree
About a week and a half ago, I started taking Natalie to Gymboree. It's not just a store at the mall, as I've learned, but a place to take babies and young children for classes designed to help their physical and mental growth. Natalie is taking the 0-6 month class, which includes lots of silly and sappy activities, songs and a slightly scary clown puppet named Gymbo (nice product placement, huh?). I thought Johnathan might want to check this out for himself, so I invited him to come along and OF COURSE I brought my camera to document each moment.







He was the only daddy in class, though the instructor assured us that other dads do come sometimes. Johnathan dove in like a pro, singing the songs he knew and faking his way through other ones until he learned the words. He danced with Natalie, put her on her belly for "tummy time" and even asked a few questions of the other mommies. He was a natural and seems way better suited for Gymboree than I do. I wish he could take her every week, but alas he has to go to work. He did say he'd go back again, though, and I'm going to hold him to it. Seriously, though, it was very sweet to see the two of them together in class and I feel very lucky to have a husband who will get down on the floor, stick a clown puppet on his hand and act like a goofball all to make his little girl happy.
He was the only daddy in class, though the instructor assured us that other dads do come sometimes. Johnathan dove in like a pro, singing the songs he knew and faking his way through other ones until he learned the words. He danced with Natalie, put her on her belly for "tummy time" and even asked a few questions of the other mommies. He was a natural and seems way better suited for Gymboree than I do. I wish he could take her every week, but alas he has to go to work. He did say he'd go back again, though, and I'm going to hold him to it. Seriously, though, it was very sweet to see the two of them together in class and I feel very lucky to have a husband who will get down on the floor, stick a clown puppet on his hand and act like a goofball all to make his little girl happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment