Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween weekend

Because I took SO many pictures over the weekend, I'm simply providing the link to the Picasa album so you can see Natalie in all her costumed cuteness.

We had a busy Hallo-weekend, with three activities to attend. First, I brought her to my work party where she was a BIG hit. Every person I saw, whether I knew them or not, commented on how cute she was. As we walked around campus, I could hear people whispering to each other and smiling at her. She was especially popular among a group of housekeeping staff! It also confirmed to me how brave she is. There was a large group of student-athletes in costume (including the yellow Teletubbie you'll see in the album), one of whom was wearing a bloody, gory mask. She wasn't scared at all! He came up to her and held out his hand and she took it and smiled. Of course, this was the girl who wasn't afraid of Gator Fred, so what else should we expect? Later that night, we took her to the Fall Festival at the Y. It was chaotic but fun, with lots of little kids in costumes. We saw Kelly and Cloe and some other friends. Natalie enjoyed walking around and taking in the scene. As you'll see in most of these pictures, she's not looking at the camera because she's too busy looking around.

Finally, Halloween night. I decided to dress her in her Gator cheerleading uniform because the pirate ballerina costume was a little beat up from Friday. Plus, it was Florida-Georgia and it seemed appropriate. We went to our friends Tara and Dave's house to spend the evening with them, their daughter Cameron (almost 3) and their friends Jerry and Noelle and their two sons. Natalie had a lot of fun with the big kids. When it was time to go trick-or-treating, we loaded her up in the wagon and away we went. Their neighborhood went all-out - nearly everyone had elaborate decorations and a lot of homeowners were dressed up. One woman wore a witches outfit and had a steaming cauldron and a remote-control rat - the kids got a kick out of that. Natalie sat patiently in the wagon for awhile but eventually wanted to get out and run around. We tried to keep her with the group as best we could, though she sometimes wanted to wander off on her own. When she went up to someone's door, they all wanted to give her candy, though we told them it wasn't necessary. I mean, she doesn't know what candy is yet so why encourage it before she can even ask for it? Besides, she only has three teeth! Some people gave her lollipops anyway. I'm sure she'll be totally into the whole Halloween concept next year and we'll be wrestling the candy away from her. By the time we got back to Tara's, Natalie was pretty tired. We changed her into her PJs and put her to bed and she was out like a light. We were worried that she might wake up early today due to the time change, but she did pretty well and didn't get up until almost 7. Must have been all the fun she had! And she must've been a good luck charm because the Gators soundly defeated Georgia and now we've secured a spot in the SEC championship game in December. Who will be our opponent? Stay tuned!

No comments: